Thursday, September 9, 2010

Readbud? I don't know!

I have seen many posts that accused Readbud of being a scam.   By then, I had much time invested into Readbud.

Readbud is a site that pays members on average between 0.04 to 0.15 cents for reading and rating articles. The payout is $50 through Paypal.

One post in particular outlined problems as a person approaches the $50 payout.  Readbud was accused of the following:


  1. As member reaches threshholds, e.g. $25; $30; $35; onward to $50; the amount of articles received is significantly and systematically reduced (this is my experience!).
  2. When the member finally reaches the $50 payout, Readbud accuses the member of not reading articles and/or reading articles too fast.


In addition to the above, I would find that after spending 4 to 6 minutes reading an article, as I attempt to rate it, for some strange reason I am not logged in.  When I do log back in the 'Article History' would show that that article and the previous article have not been read.  Therefore, if I want to be paid for these two particular articles I have to read them all over again, and this happens every time I log in to read articles.

At the time of writing of this article, I had reached $35.  As time goes on, I will update you on this pay-to-read site.  In the meanwhile if you want try this site click here.

Update!
I have cashed out on 20 February 2011.  Let's see how long it takes for me to get my money - if ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment